Corona Virus Procedure
The workshop and the way we work has been adapted, to ensure our learning environment is as safe as possible during the Coronavirus pandemic. Please read in full the list below of key measures which are in place to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Class size to be reduced to maximum of 4 plus tutor.
- Student seating will be evenly spaced with an empty bench between those which are occupied.
- All students will have a dedicated set of basic tools, including saw, file, hammer, mandrel, needle files, mallet, center punch etc. These will be clean and ready to use on arrival.
- Shared tools such as bangle mandrels, soldering equipment, drill, and rolling mills will require cleaned down after each use.
- Gloves, masks, hand washing facilities, hand sanitizer, antibacterial wipes will be provided, however, if you have your own mask, please bring it along.
- Windows will be open for maximum ventilation
- All fabric towels, gloves and aprons have been removed and replaced with a disposable option.
- Increased cleaning of all surfaces before and after classes
- Please wash your hands on arrival and on a regular basis during the workshop.
- Face masks will be required, while moving around the studio building. Out of respect to the studio members please wear on arrival, toilet breaks and while moving around the jewellery workshop. Tho encouraged to wear throughout, masks can be removed for comfort while seated at your bench.
- Please bring own refreshment in either drinks bottle or cups with lids. Unfortunately drinks cannot be provided during this time.
- Social distancing measures to be observed at all times.
- Work at your bench as much as is possible. When needing to move around the room please be mindful of others or feel free to ask me to fetch the tool.
- Please do not attend if you have any of Corona virus symptoms, such as fever, new persistent cough, loss of taste and smell. If you become unwell after attending a class please do get in touch and let me know so appropriate action can be taken.
- Where sessions are missed in relation to the virus I will do my best to find a replacement once you have recovered, however this may not always be possible.
- If any local lockdowns come into place in the forthcoming months we will close immediately in line with regulation and deal with missed sessions or refunds as, and when we come to it.
Even with these measures in place to minimise risk, I cannot guarantee a 100% risk free environment in relation to COVID or even making jewellery, it is for the individual to make judgment for themselves. For this reason, COVID will be included on your new disclaimer under terms ‘to use all facilities and equipment at your own risk’.